Thursday, March 22, 2007

Rested and relaxed...sort of

S. and I had a wonderful vacation. The weather was perfect; we spent our days at the beach, our afternoons at the pool, and nights with hanging out with my grandmother. A good time was had by all. S. did get a bit homesick by the last couple of days; he missed M. more than I expected (although I suspect that was forgotten within 30 minutes of seeing each other when they began fighting over the same toy). It was a great getaway, and it's really nice to be home with Stu and M. again.
This vacation gave a glimpse of how much I love summer with the boys - playing outside, swimming, picnics, the zoo, etc. I actually caught myself being excited about not getting a referral until after summer. But when I got back home and checked my email, I found that our region is moving pretty quickly again. We are currently #4 in line for a girl in our region (with our agency) and it's been stuck that way since December. Well, I found out that the #1 and #2 couples ahead of us have travel dates for their first trips. That moves us up to #2 in line for a girl, with a possible referral as early as May. Suddenly I'm ready to hop on the next plane and meet our daughter. My level of anxiousness just increased exponentially now that we could get a referral in just a month or two. We're still not sure what we are going to do (in regards to waiting or not) but with the recent developments, we need to come up with a decision soon. So much for the feeling of relaxation I achieved on my vacation!

I also wanted to send a congratulations out to J., my co-worker and friend who is leaving today to pick up her daughter in China. I can't wait to hear the good news that S. is finally in your arms.

4 comments:

Dede said...

Sounds like you are getting close to your referral. How exciting! Can't wait to follow along. Thanks for the comments at our blog. With this being our first...the waiting is really tough! I am adding a link to your blog on our site.

Anonymous said...

Wow. There is no way I could decide to wait longer if I was that close to a referral. But I guess having two other kids probably keeps you busy so you don't have to obsess over it (like I do). I'm sure you'll find your daughter when she's read. Good luck.
Amy

Deb said...

I just found your blog. Congratz on moving up to #2.

mommyto5 said...

Congrats, that is great news! Look forward to following along on your journey of a lifetime:)