Friday, March 5, 2010

A note from Stu...




Hey, this is Stuart. Allison is packing up all our stuff so we can fly to Guangzhou first thing tomorrow so I’m doing the updating tonight. So if anyone other than my mother is still here after hearing that, thanks for sticking around.
We made a quick trip to the Beijing Zoo today. It was just me and Pudding as Allison was fighting a headache. This was really a trip for one reason…. Panda Bears. We have a great zoo in Louisville so there really wasn’t anything that could excite me except for the Pandas. Our local guide (who is the Chinese version of Velma from Scooby Doo) assured me that many foreigners go to the zoo just to see the Pandas so there was no harm in going in and getting out. It was also cold and windy this morning so we were motivated to move quickly.
The Bears were worth the trip. They look like huge balls of fur. There were literally the cutest animals I have ever seen. You’ll have to forgive my photography skills as I was juggling Pudding, a diaper bag, and attempting to use the camera (that Allison usually never lets me touch). He loved watching them eat and play around. Velma told us that this was the most active that she had ever seen them in her many trips to the zoo. Good to know they put on a show for me and Pudding.
By the way if you ever come to China I highly advise bringing a spouse who has blonde hair. It makes them easy to spot in large crowds.
We also ran to pick up Pudding’s passport today. So we are now one step closer to being able to come home. We leave a week from today to head home so we feel like we are heading down the backstretch of our trip.
In the time that it has taken me to type this up Allison has completed the packing, cleaned up the room and gotten Pudding to sleep. So now I can stop pretending I’m working hard on this and go to bed.
Thanks to everyone for your support, especially those of you helping take care of our kids. We couldn’t do this without you.

9 comments:

Joel and Lee-Anne said...

We are so loving reading your posts everyday -I only check like 10 times a day to see if you have posted again :) This gets is SOOOO excited for our trip later summer~!!
Have a great flight to Guangzhou!! This was our favorite area we stayed in - enjoy :)

Lori said...

The pandas rock!

Maria said...

Not to knock Allison, but your post had me in stitches!! I read it to Kevin so he could get a good laugh. Glad Allison got all that work done so you could stop slacking, er, blogging!! :-)

Selina said...

Praying for safe travels and warm weather tomorrow. We are enjoying reading your blog. It brings back so many memories. :)

Christen L said...

this post was hilarious! :)

and I don't think I've heard Stu referred to as Stuart. took me a second...

Christina said...

I and my daughter are very jealous. We love pandas.

Rachel said...

I like how Maria uses the word "stiches"...that puts ME in stiches!! LOL!

Can I just say how much I LOVE Pudding?!! I love him! Already!

Marleen said...

Wait till you get to Guanzhou...it's about 85 degrees and humid.
That little cup of Pudding is just adorable with that killer smile
Safe travels..

Ronda said...

Nothing can beat pandas IN China....but if you aren't aware, the Memphis Zoo has them too! We never went to a zoo while we were in China - so I'm a bit jealous!!