Wednesday, October 15, 2008

All That is Left.....

....is just a little 29 hour trip home. My girls have completed their medical evaluation (HotDog is very healthy) and received all the paperwork at the US Embassy with one minor hitch (they misspelled her name). So around 5 pm EST on Wed. they will start the trip home. They are scheduled to get back here around 10 pm Thursday night. Piece of cake right?

HotDog now weights over 17 lbs. Allison must be feeding her well as she has gained over a pound in just a week since Allison picked her up. I think she is trying to catch up with her cousin Raya.

Allison enjoyed the trip t0 the Embassy. She got to see several other kids preparing to go home. I remember when we went to the Embassy in Russia with the boys and it is a great feeling seeing all the recently united families. It is usually a very positive atmosphere since this is always the last step before traveling home.

I guess that is all the news I have. Me and the boys are still doing good. We miss Allison more than I could have ever imagined. But it's almost over. Now I just got to get the house clean.....

Stu

9 comments:

Margaret and Tom said...

YEah! So glad they are heading home soon. The embassy is kind of fun, especially because when you are done you get to go HOME!
:) Safe travels Allison...Stu something tells me Allison is not going to care/notice what the house looks like, she will just be hugging her guys and loving on hotdog lots more...oh yeah, and maybe eating a bit of fried chicken...

Maria said...

Yay! I'm typing one handed holding Ellie who is sleeping (yay!). Safe travels home!!!

Rachel said...

Scarlett's name was spelled three different ways on all of the documents (birth certificate, passport and 171). No problems, but I'm she got through it and is on her way home. Tomorrow will be a GREAT day!

Jackie said...

Wow...so great to hear the girls will be home soon. 17lbs is wonderful. Go HD!

Don't forget the chicken!!!!

Jackie

April Taylor said...

Yay, yay, yay!!! Come home, come home! I can't wait to see pictures.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to connect you with my friend Aida, she and her girls have been in Astana visiting her in-laws.

Have a great, easy trip and a WONDERFUL family reunion. There is nothing in the world like walking off a plane with your new babe and seeing the ones you love most in the world waiting for you outside the gate.

xoxo April Taylor

Jeanne said...

Happy trip home!!

Carey and Norman said...

I'm happy to hear that Allison and Hot Dog are preparing to come home. I cannot wait to read posts once home and see pictures of that precious little girl.

Many blessings to you and your family!! I'm so excited for you as tonight you'll be united as a family of five!!

Monica said...

Such wonderful news! I can't wait to see pictures!

Scott R said...

Interestting read