Sunday, July 20, 2008

Hot and Bothered

I know many of you are anxious to hear an update about our court date. Unfortunately, we don't have one. Early last week we learned that the judge hearing our case is on a 45-day vacation and not due back at work until next week (July 28th). So, we continue to wait. I could go on and on about all of the bureaucratic crap we've encountered during this adoption. I could rail against the continual political game that people play while innocent children are waiting in orphanages. I could wallow in self-pity and be miserable. But I'm not going to do any of those things. Instead, I am going to focus my energy on my rays of sunshine, Chipmunk and Monkey (and Stu too, of course). I am going to enjoy these last weeks of summer; school starts in two weeks...yikes! I am going soak in these last moments of calm (relatively speaking) before our family is turned upside-down (in a good way) with the addition of a baby. I am going to get HotDog's room ready for her long-awaited arrival. I am going to become a zen master and realize that the timeline for getting HotDog is completely out of my control.
I would love to be excited about this adoption again, but we've been thrown so many curveballs in this crazy process that I will not be jumping up and down with joy and excitement until I am sitting with that little girl in her bedroom in our house. In the meantime, we'll continue gazing at her pictures throughout our house (and we might possibly get updated pictures of her this week...yahoo!!), watching the video of our time with her in Kyrgyzstan, and loving these hot summer days with our two fantastic little boys.

9 comments:

Dede said...

I'm sorry for your delay but it sounds like you have the right attitude. Good luck and enjoy the rest of your summer with the boys.

jessy said...

Kim, it was good to hear from you on my blog. I'm sorry to hear that you have not yet received a court date. Praying it comes very soon with no more setbacks.

Monica said...

Good for you. I love your outlook and attitude. I needed that kind of inspiration right now and I frantically wait simply for the USCIS approval!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

I know you are so ready to bring her home! I hope that you get the date as soon as the judge returns from vacation. It's great that you are focusing on enjoying your time with your boys!

Margaret and Tom said...

Keep strong....Those boys will keep you smiling I know :) They are so cute! I pray that you guys hear something soon, and that judge decides to get back to work earlier than expected... I am thinking about you for sure and I know I will be looking at Gotcha pictures very soon!

Becky and Keith said...

I love the picture of you guys on your sidebar! I love your outlook... I know how hard it is to just keep on trucking! Let those boys run your ragged!

Christen L said...

Well that just stinks. I love you're attitude, though!

In the meantime, do we get to see pictures of the nursery? ;)

Carey and Norman said...

It is hard during the wait, isn't it. It is nice having two distractions (Chipmunk and Monkey), but it still feels like something is missing until you have your child home. I was hoping you would have news by now, but it sounds like it could come soon. We will pray for a quick return to your little girl.

Susan said...

You've got a great attitude about the wait. I hope you hear something this week and can move forward with getting hot dog home.