Monday, February 28, 2011

One Year


*I meant to post this Friday (the 25th) but life got in the way.
One year ago in Beijing, China, Stu and I had a quiet, timid little boy placed in our arms. That shyness lasted about ten minutes, until we pulled out the Cheerios. We quickly got our first giggle and the smiles haven't stopped since. Pudding is quite possibly the happiest child I have ever seen. People ask if I have any pictures of Pudding where he is not smiling; the truth is I probably don't. He wakes up (even at 3 a.m.) with a huge grin on his face and it stays there all day long. Even when HD takes his favorite cat, he tries to give her a mean look but dissolves into giggles within seconds. It's a good thing that he is so darn cute, because that smile often keeps me from wringing his little neck. I thought after three kids I would be prepared for almost anything. Wrong! Pudding is constantly demonstrating how inept my child-proofing efforts are; of course, I'm not sure that even Fort Knox is Pudding-proofed. He can find trouble anywhere he goes and leaves a trail of disaster in his wake. I had no idea how much joy this little boy would bring to our family...and I wouldn't change one single second of the past year. I can't wait to see the coming year brings our family.


Pudding enjoying his "Family Day" celebration


Pudding with his very tired, happy Mama


Our Happy Boy

5 comments:

Christen L said...

That year absolutely flew by! Wow! Pudding has changed so much from the first picture to the last. I can't wait to see how the next year changes your family again. :) Since we have a mutual love of baby names, I'd love to know if you've chosen one for baby #5 yet... I've been wondering.

Grace said...

happy family day, sweet pudding!!!

Jeanne said...

Happy 1st Anniversary!

DiJo said...

Oh my goodness!!! He is ADORABLE!!!!!! Wait to he has a new little sister to share all his tricks with!!!!!
Happy Anniversary!!!! It's amazing how quickly a year can go by!!!!

Blessings,
Diana

Christina said...

That boy has a smile on his face every time I see him. He is just too adorable. Happy belated Family Day!!!!