Thursday, August 7, 2008

Blog Awards



I just found out that Mom to 2 Angels has given me a Brilliant Blog Award. I am so touched. She has a handsome son from Russia and a gorgeous girl from Kyrgyzstan. She has been such an inspiration to us as we've gone through this adoption.

I am supposed to answer these questions starting with every letter of the alphabet and then pass the award on to other brilliant bloggers:


A. Attached or single? Happily attached


B. Best friend? Stu


C. Cake or pie? Cake


D. Day of choice? Sundays (Stu lets me sleep in as late as I want, hence my answer for letter B.)


E. Essential item? It is a close call between Diet Coke and chapstick


F. Favorite color? Blue


G. Gummy bears or worms? Bears


H. Hometown? Bardstown


I. Indulgence? Ice cream in any form, shape, or flavor.

J. January or July? January - I so much prefer cold weather over the sticky, humid days of summer


K. Kids? 3 (i LOVE being able to say that!!)


L. Life isn’t complete without? Hugs and kisses from my boys each night


M. Marriage date? 05/13/00


N. Number of brothers & sisters? One older brother, one younger brother...yes, I am one of those dreaded middle children:)


O. Oranges or apples? Yuck, really the only two fruits I don't care for


P. Phobias? Spiders


Q. Quotes? It could always be worse. My mom always said this; I can't even count how many times I've chanted this quote to myself throughout this long adoption journey. It's become my own personal mantra

R. Reasons to smile? After almost two years, we finally have a daughter!!


S. Season of choice? Fall, followed closely by winter.


T. Tag seven peeps! (see below)


U. Unknown fact about me? I have an incurable addiction to....ice. I adore crushed ice and honestly can't pass a Sonic (hands-down the best ice on the earth), without feeling a physical need to go through the drive-through for a diet coke with an extra cup of ice. That got expensive, so now I just buy their bags of ice.


V. Vegetable? I'm a veggie fanatic. My favorites would be brussel sprouts and lima beans.


W. Worst habits? I usually start many different projects at one time, then get frustrated I don't have enough time/patience to finish them.


X. X-ray or ultrasound? ummmmm, ultrasound I guess??


Y. Your favorite food? Italian


Z. Zodiac sign? Sagitarius

Now for my Brilliant Blogger Awards:


Okay, I know I'm supposed to give this award to seven fellow bloggers. But I hate to single out just a few of the blogs that I follow. There are so many amazing families out there and I love being able to share in their journeys.
When I began this blog, it was simply an easy way to keep my friends and family updated about our adoption journey. I never expected to make so many genuine, true friendships. The adoption blog community is an amazing circle of people full of such special families. I am honored to be one of them.

1 comment:

Christen L said...

I'm doing this tomorrow on my blog. It's cute and fun.

Just catching up on your blog after being gone on vacation! Stay tuned for an obnoxious amount of comments. teehee.