Thursday, May 1, 2008

Leaving on a Jet Plane

In just about twelve hours, Stu and I will be heading to the airport to begin the long journey to Kyrgyzstan. The boys are packed and anxious for some fun time with grandparents, the plane tickets and passports are ready to go, and Stu and I....need to pack. We always have a great plan for packing our bags early and getting a good night's sleep, but it somehow never happens. Not to worry, though; I do have a detailed packing list and all of our clothes are freshly laundered. It is just a matter of going through and deciding what to bring.
I think I am finally starting to believe that this is really going to happen.
Our next post will be from Kyrgyzstan!

9 comments:

Matt and Pam Bean said...

I am so happy for you all. Enjoy your flight and will look forward to your next post. Hope everything goes smoothly!!!

pam b

JennStar said...

Girl, get packin'!! :o)
Have a great, safe flight!!

Maria said...

This was the first thing I thought of when I awoke this morning!! I'm so excited for you all. Have a great time!! Hotdog is waiting!!

Margaret and Tom said...

Yeah I am so excited for you...Don't worry about getting a good nights sleep, you will still be jet lagged and exhaused in about 36 hours right? Can't wait to hear updates from Kyrgyzstan!

Anonymous said...

Yayayay! I'm so excited for you guys! Have a safe journey!

~ Joanna

Michele said...

I hope you get there savely, & have luggage when you get there. We weren't that lucky, but I hope you are. Have fun & love that baby up. You can never take that many photos so take alot, it will help when you get home. Love her lots

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!We are so excited for you all. Have a great flight and we can't wait to see new pictures of you with your little Hot Dog.
The Zoeller's

Carey and Norman said...

Congrats. The last post I read was on the halt for adoptions, so this was a pleasant surprise. Safe travels and looking forward to your posts from abroad!!

Rachel said...

YEA!!! It's Monday morning in Bishkek, so I hope you are there by now! I can't wait to hear all about your little one!!