Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Dreams

Last night I had my first vivid dream about HotDog. Before adopting each of the boys, it wasn't unusual for me to have dreams about our impending referral 2 or 3 times a week. But this is the first time I've had a dream about our next little one. It was so realistic that I woke up with my heart beating with excitement and was more than a little disappointed to find that it was just a dream. We had less than 24 hours notice to be in Russia (which would definitely give Stu a heart attack, the planner that he is). And because of that, I forgot the digital camera and video camera at home. I was devastated because I wouldn't be able to record our first moments with our daughter. Our little HotDog was absolutely beautiful though. She had dark hair and dark eyes - very Asian features (which is very possible given the characteristics in our region). She was 14 1/2 months old but very tiny and could barely stand up. I was so in love. And then I woke up. Bummer!

(I'm curious to see if I'm even close in my prediction. I'm been completely wrong with both of the boys.)

3 comments:

mommyto5 said...

Oh what a wonderful dream except for the 24 hour notice:) That would be amazing if your little girl looks like what you dreamed she would.

Christen L said...

maybe because we were "talking" about this .... or maybe because you are closer than you think to meeting your little girl :)

a woman's intuition...

Anonymous said...

Wow - I place much emphasis on the power of dreams. Your subconscience is trying to tell you something. I'll be curious to see if your little Hot Dog does indeed resemble the little girl in your dreams.
I hope you find out quickly.
Amy