Monday, January 22, 2007

Happy Family Day!

We adopted S. three years ago today. It's amazing to think that he's been with us for three years; it feels like he's been with us forever. I don't remember what life was like before he was part of it (except the sleep; I do fondly remember being able to sleep in on the weekends). I can still vividly remember what an incredible feeling it was to hear the judge say that she approved the adoption decree. Our coordinator then turned to us and said (via translator) "Congratulations Mama and Papa". My eyes still tear up just remembering it. We didn't pick up Sawyer that day, too much paperwork to finish. But this is the day we became parents to the most incredible little boy!
I still can't get over how much S. has grown. He's such a big boy now. When we brought him home at 14 months, he weighed 16 pounds. He was so tiny and weak, just barely crawling. Now at 4 years old, he weighs almost 40 pounds and is 40 inches tall and and is so strong and healthy.
We don't make a huge deal out of family day but we do like to mark it with some small celebration. Stu is out of town this week so S. and I had a "big-boy" day and we did whatever he wanted to do. What did he request? Chuck E. Cheese, of course! So S. and P. (our niece) had a fun afternoon, eating pizza and playing games.
Happy Family Day my sweet boy!

No comments: