Tuesday, June 7, 2011

LID

I was so happy to wake up with an email from our coordinator informing us that we finally have an LID of 6/7/11. This is about a month later than I expected it, but at this point I'm just happy to be logged into the system. We now wait for our LOA, which is the official paperwork from China saying they have approved us to be Sprout's parents. The average wait for LOA right now is 30-60 days. The program allowing us to reuse our dossier seems like a total mess at this point so I'm going to go ahead and expect a 60+ day wait. I was praying for September travel, but now I'll be happy to have her home by Thanksgiving. No worries though; it is what it is and it is out of our hands. We will be thrilled whenever it is she joins our family. In the meantime, tomorrow is the last day of school for Chipmunk and Monkey so our summer fun can officially begin!!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Hooray! So glad you at least have your LID now. I'm with you - expecting a 60 day wait if not longer.

Grace said...

yay! so excited for you! hope everything else moves super quickly and smoothly until sprout is HOME!

JennStar said...

Praise God!!! So excited to see another hurdle cleared for Sprout!!!

Jen Newton said...

So glad you're making some progress! I know the wait is excruciating now, but those of us who chose parenthood don't do it because it's easy, at any point. We do it for the love of the children we bring into our lives and for the family we're building. The days are long now, but soon the years will be short. Hang in there and focus on the day Sprout will be home making your family more complete.

Rachel said...

So close, so close! She is absolutely adorable!

Jenna said...

Hi
My name is Jenna and I came across your site. You have a wonderful and amazing, family. That's great that you get to add another child to your family. I was born with a rare life threatening disease, and I love it when people sign my guestbook. www.miraclechamp.webs.com