Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Roller Coaster Continues

I was getting ready to write a post about how excited we were getting about our travels next week. Unfortunately, we just received word that a top official in Kyrgyzstan that works on adoptions has resigned and the entire adoption process within the country is going to go through an internal review. We have no idea what this means. It could be quickly resolved (the option that we are praying for) or it could drag on for a long time. One thing it does mean is that our trip next week is postponed indefinitely. Just as we were getting our hopes up that this was actual going to happen after 18 months, another roadblock appears. I'm sure that everything will work out and this is a temporary setback; I just need a little time to be sad and disappointed that we won't be meeting our HotDog quite yet.
I'll post when I know more.

11 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

Oh Allison! I am so sorry to hear about the set back. I really hope everything gets resolved quickly! Take all the time you need to be sad and eat lots of chocolate to help you feel better! I'll be thinking about you - if you need anything, just holler!

Melissa said...

Bless your heart. I really hope this is resolved soon & you can get to your HotDog asap!

Mom to 2 Angels said...

How frustrating. I hope it resolves soon.

Troy and Rachel said...

I'l be praying the internal review is very quick. I am so sorry that things are not working out at the moment and I know you are sad. Hang in there. Hotdog is waiting for you.

A Room to Grow said...

oh man!

Amy said...

So sorry to hear this. We are in a similar situation with Russia. Got referral, got travel dates, booked tickets, our region closed (to our agency). I will add your family to our prayers. Hopefully this will be temporary.

Rachel said...

Ally, I am so, so sorry. I know this is so frustrating. I am in definite prayer right now for all of the Kyrgyzstan families caught up in...well, everything right now.

Anonymous said...

I am truly so sorry to hear about the delay. Just remember this is just a delay and hotdog will be waiting for you!! Let me know if you need to vent, I am all ears! Jennifer Main

Janine said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. You have been waiting so long to meet hotdog. I hope this quickly resolves itself so you can travel asap. You are in my thoughts.

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

I'm sorry to hear about the issues in Kyrgyzstan that are delaying your trip to meet your daughter. I can't imagine how frustrating it was to get that news, and I pray that the issues are resolved soon so that you can travel to see her!

Laura said...

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry.
hugs