Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Tagged

Christen tagged me so here are my answers:
4 new things I did in the last 4 years:
(1) Adopted Chipmunk (from Russia, Jan. 2004)
(2) Moved back to my hometown.
(3) Adopted Monkey (from Russia, Nov. 2005)
(4) Quit my job to become a SAHM.

4 new things I hope to do in the next 4 years:
(1) Adopt HotDog - hopefully by the end of the year.
(2) Adopt #4 (okay, I know this is a little premature since we don't have #3 home yet, but a girl can dream, right?)
(3) Find a part-time job in a local library.
(4) Take a grown-ups-only trip with Stu. It's been 4 years since we've been on a vacation with just the two of us (other than the occasional long weekend).

It's funny because I had a really hard time coming up with 4 things I want to do in the next 4 years. I'm very much a "live-in-the-moment" kind of girl. I used to be a planner but life through a few curveballs my way and now I force myself to not look too far into the future. I am wonderfully happy with my life right now and I can honestly say that if nothing changed at this point in my life I would be perfectly content. But of course, it is fun to think about the future and try to imagine what my life is going to look like. I thought this tag would be easy but it has really made me think. Good tag, Christen!

4 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

Great list - I like your "adopt #4"!! I am already thinking about #2, so I know how you feel. Enjoyed learning a little about you!!

Christen L said...

Thanks for playing :)

So glad to have a friend who is planning to adopt 4! Most people think we're nuts!! Frank and I have a list of the adults-only vacations we plan to take someday. The hard part is deciding which one to do first!

Anonymous said...

I also now tend to live a little more in the moment as my plans haven't worked out more than once, but I love that you've made a list of 4 things in 4 years. I should do the same! I just got home with my little one, and I'm already looking forward to a getaway with Jim someday. We have saved for so long for the adoption, we could use a vacation! We couldn't bear to leave Owen right now but hope to be able to take him somewhere fun in the near future.

Anyway, I really hope you get to meet #3 soon :) I check your blog often for updates on your boys and your journey to HotDog.

Best wishes,
Adrienne

PS We're thinking of #2 already too!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Four children?!?! You are a very brave woman. I have enough problems just dealing with my one. I would love an adult vacation too. I think sometime in the next 4 years would be possible.
Amy