Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Cue the Chirping Crickets

No news on the adoption front. And to be honest, we don't expect to hear anything until the end of next month.
But we are having a great summer with the boys. We have been going swimming, going to the park, visiting friends and family, working in the garden (okay, I know Stu will call me out on this one since technically I will not work in the garden; hated doing it as a child and refuse to do it as an adult. But I will cook all of the yummy food that Stu and S have been busy watering each night. So that is my contribution). Hopefully the next couple of months wil be more of the same (which makes for extremely boring blog posts...sorry).
One exciting development: We became great friends with our interpreter while in Astrakhan during both adoptions. She is currently studying the US on a scholarship. And we finally made plans for her to visit us during mid-July! We can't wait to see her again; she's been through so much with us and we consider her part of our family. She's also going to drive to our agency's picnic with us which is 5-hours away. She has no idea what it is like to drive 5 hours with our two boys (not to mention the return trip a few days later). She's excited though so I won't dampen her enthusiasm yet.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like your family is having a great time. Enjoy this peaceful time before your next child comes into your family.
Amy

M- said...

How great that your translator is coming here. I know when we went back last year to visit, and hired our old translator, we had a lot of fun hanging out with him again.
And don't ya just love summer with your kids. Playing outside all day, its the best!

Becky and Keith said...

Hi Allison!

I read through your blog last night! You have such a special family and I love that picture of the boys on the beach! Absolutely precious. I can't wait to follow your journey via blogland. I've met many adoptive parents through CHI that are going to Vlad, but you're the first person I've met going to Astrakan. I'd love to learn more about the region and think it's great that you're going back to where the boys are from.

Christen L said...

Love the title.... but, your posts are boring. It's nice to hear you are enjoying your time with the boys. Somehow things just work out that way... I'm sure looking back you will feel thankful for this time. That being said, HURRY UP accreditation.... I want to hear about Hotdog!

Christen L said...

Okay I swear I meant to say that your posts are NOT boring. :) Maybe I am still tired from my exams....

Allison said...

Okay Christen
You crack me up. I read your first comment and thought to myself "Wow. She's really honest." Then I read your second comment and laughed out loud.